Welkom op FanFic.nl

De Nederlandse website waar je fanfiction kunt lezen én schrijven.

Nu on-line: (0)

Home » Forum » Stamcafé » Het (anti-)schooltopic #3

Het (anti-)schooltopic #3

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Bodine
Bodine

[21395]
Bodine zei op 20 nov 2014 - 10:20:
Emma en ik zijn slim want wij halen onmogelijk tentamens.

Bodine
Bodine

[21395]
Bodine zei op 20 nov 2014 - 21:19:
@Josette; 'r you taking FCE, CAE or CPE?

realMe
realMe

[2181]
realMe zei op 20 nov 2014 - 21:51:
FCE, hopefully in June CAE

Oh and Bo: how was it? I'm so scared for failing, although it doesn't really matter if I do.

You're all so lovely and kind!

Bodine
Bodine

[21395]
Bodine zei op 20 nov 2014 - 22:15:
Oh man, I swear, FCE is just basic basic basic. I passed FCE when I was... fourteen? Thirteen? With an A, if I remember correctly. I really wouldn't worry about it too much. If you're really nervous, maybe you should just read some English books to prepare yourself. To be honest... I didn't study for it at all, because speaking/writing/doing English was more than enough. I've never met anyone who didn't pass it, really. YOU CAN DO THIS!

EDIT; do you know what kind of questions FCE asks? If you don't, I'd ask your teacher for some examples because the kind of questions are not the kind you get on regular English tests, so as to prepare yourself fully, maybe you'd try some. (:

It's eh - listening, reading, writing, speaking, right?

Chayenne
Chayenne

[4831]
Chayenne zei op 20 nov 2014 - 22:23:
Oehhh Yes I would love to talk english from now.
But, maybe you'll learn it wrong from me, because I have no idea how to write some words. XP

And cambridge exam? FCE? Those words are not in my dictionary? Explainnn
(because i wanna study this English and I think this could be intresting?)

xEmma
xEmma

[18528]
xEmma zei op 20 nov 2014 - 22:25:
And you have two more weeks to practice, you should be okay. ^^

Bodine
Bodine

[21395]
Bodine zei op 20 nov 2014 - 22:30:
FCE (First Certificate in English), CAE (Certificate Advanced English) and CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) are just exams anyone can take, really. You can look it up on the internet. And if you pass, you get a cirtificate saying 'whooo you speak English on a B2/C1/C2 level respectively'.

Chayenne
Chayenne

[4831]
Chayenne zei op 20 nov 2014 - 22:31:
I want to take this exam 0.0
But you have to study for it right? Or can you just ask for it and take is? I mean,you have to be in a kind of class.

Bodine
Bodine

[21395]
Bodine zei op 20 nov 2014 - 22:36:
I don't think you have to go to class for it, no. You can just take it, I believe. But you do need to pay, and it's probably costly.

xEmma
xEmma

[18528]
xEmma zei op 20 nov 2014 - 22:37:
I wanted to take the exam but I was way too shy to talk in English so it wouldn't have been a brilliant idea.

MoonRocker

[11046]
MoonRocker zei op 20 nov 2014 - 23:14:
OHHHHH. It's like the English equivalent of the exams you can take at the Goethe Institut for German language, right? *feels smart*

Bodine
Bodine

[21395]
Bodine zei op 20 nov 2014 - 23:16:
Yeah, as far as I know, yes. I was adviced to take those Goethe-things once. But I want to do a minor in German. The only problem is the only universities that are within reach and offer a minor German are Amsterdam and Utrecht and there it lasts a year. In Delft we only get a year for it.
Might be I'll do it anyways, though.

MoonRocker

[11046]
MoonRocker zei op 20 nov 2014 - 23:19:
I'd say go for it, but I'm obviously horribly biased
And I was advised to only take the C2 test once I return from my semester abroad, as my coordinators at uni can vouch for my C1-skill(s) [I have NO idea how to say this] and those exams cost like €200 [so they were basically saying that it would be more profitable to only take the C2 test].

Bodine
Bodine

[21395]
Bodine zei op 20 nov 2014 - 23:22:
Yeah, I mean, if you can pass C2, why would you take C1? Because the minute you take C2, you're past C1, so C1 becomes sort of useless and, in such case, a waste of money.

I do think I'll go for it, if my university allows it to last a year. I've been horribly busy with mathematics and I'm starting to enjoy it less and less and less, so I think taking it slow for a year wouldn't be such a bad idea.

MoonRocker

[11046]
MoonRocker zei op 20 nov 2014 - 23:27:
That's exactly why they advised to only take the C2 test, since part of the studies is reaching C2 level :]
I think that's a good idea as well, also because that way, you're busy with things other than maths, which might be nice since you're not enjoying it so much anymore.

Bodine
Bodine

[21395]
Bodine zei op 20 nov 2014 - 23:29:
Exactly. And I miss writing so badly, and it's becoming harder and harder and harder to just go on and on and on and on we don't belong we don't belong belong to anyone. So I'm seriously considering it, yeah. I suppose it'll depend on how much subjects I'll pass this year, because I don't want to take more than four years for my bachelor.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11